Building bridges through Music & the Arts
The Concordia Foundation was founded by international singer and broadcaster Gillian Humphreys. We were delighted that Gillian was awarded an OBE in recognition of her charity work in the 2014 New Year’s Honours List. Gillian founded Concordia out of her real concern for building bridges of friendship and excellence through music and the arts.
Our key aims are to:
- encourage, support and promote young emerging musicians on the threshold of their careers.
- initiate and develop unique educational programmes for school children from underprivileged backgrounds.
- perform public recitals at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and University College London Hospital and work with patients on their wards.
- build music projects with disadvantaged schools across the world, whilst working with talented students from local music colleges.
- provide public concerts at prestigious venues across London.